Friday, January 23, 2009


This past week has shown me just how much my life is changing. And quite honestly, the transition hasn't been as hard as I thought it'd be.

In a nutshell, I went back to work. Which means Morgan went to daycare. (Sad face.) Monday was a holiday so I didn't have to go in until Tuesday. But to avoid being a complete nutcase and bucket of tears on Tuesday, I took Morgan to daycare on my day off. Danny and I dropped her off about 11:00 that day. I just knew I'd cry...but I didn't. (Happy face.)
And she stayed for a while, too, as it gave Danny and me a chance to get some things done. We ran a few errands and grabbed some lunch at a new little restaurant by our house. He had basketball practice at my school later that day, which made it so convenient for me to go to my classroom to prepare for my week back. I had a unit waiting for me when I got back, but I felt the urge to whip up an activity on the presidential inauguration. :-) It went well!
We went to pick Morgan up that evening, and she'd had a good day. She slept most of the time. One of the teachers was already attached to Morgan by the time we picked her up. She said she had to keep herself from holding her the whole time. Hey, I don't mind my kid being a teacher's pet!

The next morning was when I thought I'd cry. It was a tough morning for the simple fact that it was my first time getting myself ready for school, her stuff ready for daycare, and dropping her off by myself. I was frazzle-brained, but it went pretty well. Cry, I did not.

And the week went on. It got better. I can do things faster already. I got to school 20 minutes earlier today than I did the first day back. So here it is -- the end of the first week of my new life. "Working mom" feels good. I'm tired as heck, but I can work on that. Morgan's daytime sleep has already lessened considerably (thanks to daycare). Her first day or two, she slept all day. Yesterday and today, she slept no more than four hours per day. I'll take it! She's been waking up once or twice a night. She pretty much goes back to sleep after eating, so that's all that matters.

Oh, how could I forget! Morgan went to the doctor this week to get the last tiny piece of the umbilical cord out. Danny took her since it was my first week back at school. I had a million questions for the doctor and my husband, that I love soooo much, was sure to ask them all for me!

First of all, Morgan is fat. I mean REALLY fat. At least that's what we thought. Danny even thought we were overfeeding her (I didn't). When she was weighed at the doctor's office, we discovered that she does, in fact, weight 10 lbs (I was expecting nine -- not 10)! But the doctor says that's she's healthy and not gaining too quickly. And what she's eating is PERFECT for her age. I guess we were just being worrisome parents. (She's still fat, though.)

She's getting over some baby acne, too, that has her skin super dry. I was afraid she had eczema, but it turns out she doesn't. Happy about that.

Then her tongue bothers me. I try cleaning it often, but it's still a little too white for me. I feared thrush. Of course it's not thrush. She said if it was thrush, I'd "know it" and the white would be more places than her tongue. It's just milk and she said to clean it with a wet washcloth. I've been doing that, doc! Apparently it's nothing to be concerned about, so I'll just leave it alone...for now.

I had a couple of other questions for the doc, but I can't remember at the moment. Plus, this blog is extremely wordy, so I'm trying to cut back...

Overall, my new life has proven challenging. But it's nothing I can't handle. It's Friday, and I feel great. I didn't go crazy! They say the first week is the hardest. Seems like I am, in fact, a BIG GIRL! :-)

Below are some recent pics.

Looking like my daddy...

Just finished smiling (mommy's slow with the camera).

On the way to my first day of daycare.

About to leave for my first day of daycare.

Yep, I still love baths. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Great!!!! Morgan has gotten so big! She's so cute!!!! You look good too!


Stuff I Talk About

2011 30 day shred age update AKA animals anniversary appreciation aquarium around the house art museum Atlanta baby/toddler sleep issues baking bama football beach birthday birthday party blog awards blog buddies blogher books camping causes celebrations celebrities cheer days childhood children's museum children's theater Christmas christmas card class reunion college days concert conference cousins crafts dance date night dating days deals decluttering dentist Disney dk easter engagement facebook faith fall fun family family fun fashion father's day favorite blogs field trip field trips football friday flashback friends fun event funny pic Gaylord Opryland genealogy girl scouts goals god grad school grateful graves' disease Halloween health holidays Hollywood honeymoon instagram Iron Bowl key west kindermusik learning letter to my daughter library Los Angeles m me miami mlk day morgan is three museum Nashville national championship game natural hair nature new look new orleans New Years nyc out on the town parks parties phone fun pinterest play days at home playdate playground action pregnancy professional development Race for the Cure raleigh ramblings reading Recipes relay for life school program shows singing skating snow soccer social networking sorority spring break spring fun stress summer summer fun summer reading summer to do list teacher life technical difficulties terrible twos Thanksgiving the girls the park theme park thomas and friends three thyroid tragedy trains traveling tricycle trips twitter valentine's day video walk for autism water play we love being outside wedding wordless wednesday work wrapup Yo Gabba Gabba zoo
All information and pictures on this site are property of THE K. KREW. Powered by Blogger.