Monday, July 12, 2010

Fantastic Summer Weekend

(Before you start reading, ignore the highlighted words.  I used spell check and everything that was "wrong" stayed highlighted after I posted.)

We had a great weekend!  The only thing I don't like about weekends filled with activity is I tend to forget stuff I wanted to blog about!  Stuff that wasn't captured in pictures, you know?  I usually record notes in my phone, but this weekend I didn't even get a chance to do that!

We went to Atlanta to take Morgan to the Georgia Aquarium and Children's Museum of Atlanta.  We didn't make the museum because it closes so early on the day we wanted to go, but we did this instead:

Ashleigh and Danny's friend, George and his wife, Casey, were kind enough to let us stay with them this weekend.  And when we got there, George and the boys were at the pool, so we got Morgan out and decided to let her "put her feet in" since we didn't bring her bathing suit.  Well, you see what THAT turned into.  That kid had a ball and probably had WAY more fun than she would have at the children's museum.  Their neighborhood pool was AWESOME because it had the wade pool for the little ones.  It also had a little mushroom waterfall where she had a BALL.  She's in her bloomers from her dress and had on a regular diaper (that was soaked and falling off by the time we were leaving).

These are George and Casey's nephews, Dee and Steve.  They were so much fun and Morgan ADORED them.

This is Little George, or G.  (Remember him?)  He's four so he was in the wade pool with Morgan.  G was so funny.  A few times over the weekend (okay, a LOT of times), he told Morgan, "Quit following me!"  LOL

Here is Morgan with the big boys.  Dee, whose lap she's sitting on, was so sweet and patient with her.  Come to find out, he has a three-year old sister.  Now that I think about it, that technically makes him more experienced with baby girls than me!

Later that evening, we took Morgan to stay the night at my dad's house.  My sister babysat her and Morgan had a ball.  They stayed up 'til 1:00 playing!!  Morgan has NEVER stayed up that late (more on sleep later, LOL).  My sister is the oldest grandchild on her mom's side and has a TON (seriously, a ton) of cousins she's babysat (and still does).  So I knew Morgan would have a ball with her.

We met up with another one of Ashleigh's friends and we all (Ash, George, Casey, Derrick, DK, and I) went out for some grown-up time.  We had some good Mexican for dinner and went to a lounge/club afterwards.  It has been sooo long since I've been to a CLUB!  Like so long that I felt completely out of place.  Well, honestly, I've always felt out of place at clubs -- even in college.  I went a couple of times when I first started college.  Then the only other times I went was when my sorority was having a party.  That scene has just never been my favorite.  Probably because I feel like all the men are like vultures ready to gobble you up.  This place was a little more laid back, though.  And there were no vultures...well, there probably were.  I'm just not that same spring chick I was a few years ago.  Nothing like a bunch of beautiful Atlanta women who are hot and have perfect figures to remind you of that very fact, too!  Wait, now that I think about it, there was that one guy that sort of stared me down -- like CLOSE UP (which is exactly what I'm talking about) -- until he realized my "bulky" husband was standing right next to me. LOL And then there was this one guy that asked me why I was looking so mean (I wanted to say "to scare people like you off."  I obviously don't belong in a club.).  But other than that, it was fun to get out with some other young adults for good food, music, and drinks.  Speaking of drinks, thanks to my sister-in-law for getting me a really good non-alcoholic mixed beverage from the bar.  That was so sweet of her to consider the lone non-drinker in the group.  I had two.  I was pineapple juice-wasted by the end of the night! :-)

The next day we did the aquarium.  I was excited because my dad and them went, too.

Here's Mo with my stepmom at the first exhibit.

Steve, Dee, and Morgan with the Aquarium mascot.  Morgan wasn't afraid.  She wanted to hold his hand.

Random aquarium visitor touching the stingray.  No, thanks, but I love to watch you do it.

Morgan with her Big Daddy Laurence.  He was her roll dawg that day and I'm sure she wore him out.

Probably my favorite picture of the day.

Look how big this whale shark is compared to the people below him.  Crazy.

The beluga whales were my favorite the last time we came to the aquarium.  Apparently a few of them have died since then. :-(

Cute little sea dragon.

Stepmom, sister, and me.

I think Morgan really enjoyed the aquarium.  I think everybody in the South were at the aquarium that day (majorly crowded), but it still was great.

Okay, let me fill you in on the "sleep" thing.  Morgan went without a good nap pretty much the whole weekend  And went to bed super late every night.  (which usually would have bothered me because I'm a little obsessive about her getting enough sleep.  I'm getting better.) . She was exhausted towards the end of the aquarium trip but was too interested in everything and everybody to go to sleep in the stroller.  So afterwards we went to the CNN Center for lunch.  After she ate pizza, my stepmom picked her up and had her asleep pretty much immediately.  Now, if that'd been me or her daddy putting her to sleep, she would have fought it forever, despite her huge lack of sleep!  Thankful for my stepmom!

After that we went over to the car and bike show at the World Congress Center.  There were a TON of people there!  It wasn't long before the music woke Mo up.  So much for that nap! LOL

This was my first time at such an event, and everything I saw reminded me of my brother.  So the whole time I'm there, I'm taking pics with my phone and texting them to him. 

He said he couldn't believe I was at a car and bike show, LOL.

Then the next morning we decided instead of of driving home, we'd go with George and Casey and the boys to Stone Mountain Park.  The last time DK, Ash, and I were there was when were kids, so we thought, "why not" (and of course thought it'd be great for Morgan to see). 

I had to do a little cropping to this picture.  I had on a dress that showed a little more cleavage than I realized.  I looked at this picture after DK took it and I was like, "Whoa!"  So much I went to the gift shop and bought a shirt.  HATED THAT because I don't do gift shops (major ripoff).  I'll be sure to wear a tank top with this dress next time!

While the big kids did an obstacle course kinda thing, we let Morgan play in a little creek.  The kid loves water -- she was soaking wet.  Thankfully it was very hot outside and she was dry in no time.

We then rode the skyride to the top of the mountain (I remember walking up it as a Girl Scout).  The view was amazing.  We didn't let this little crazy person down, though -- she would have been everywhere.  And that would have made me very nervous.

Love this picture.

Though this picture says otherwise, I am not five months pregnant (preggo at all -- let me make that clear).  Thanks, Stone Mountain, for the unlimited refill on Coke that day!

Casey (see Atlanta far away in the background?)

George and Casey, the couple that let us stay with them.  They are so funny together. :-)

As much as this pic looks like one of those perfect model families out of a magazine, it was totally not staged.  I think it's adorable.

Ash and Casey holding down our spot for the laser show.

Trying to get a shot of me and my husband before the fireworks, but he was in one of his non-cooperative moods.  So he covers ME up!  It was probably a good thing because by that time I was a hot, sweaty mess!

We got home around midnight Sunday night and all three got baths and hit the sack.  Morgan, my child that gets up at 6:30 AM, slept 'til 10:30 this morning!  I don't think that's EVER happened.

And here's my little sweetheart eating her breakfast this morning. I'm still tripping on that.  I enjoyed feeding her oatmeal every morning!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you crack me up. From the pineapple juice comment and the gift shop t-shirt. You are too funny! Looks like you guys had an adventurous weekend. Morgan is such a night owl staying up that late!


Stuff I Talk About

2011 30 day shred age update AKA animals anniversary appreciation aquarium around the house art museum Atlanta baby/toddler sleep issues baking bama football beach birthday birthday party blog awards blog buddies blogher books camping causes celebrations celebrities cheer days childhood children's museum children's theater Christmas christmas card class reunion college days concert conference cousins crafts dance date night dating days deals decluttering dentist Disney dk easter engagement facebook faith fall fun family family fun fashion father's day favorite blogs field trip field trips football friday flashback friends fun event funny pic Gaylord Opryland genealogy girl scouts goals god grad school grateful graves' disease Halloween health holidays Hollywood honeymoon instagram Iron Bowl key west kindermusik learning letter to my daughter library Los Angeles m me miami mlk day morgan is three museum Nashville national championship game natural hair nature new look new orleans New Years nyc out on the town parks parties phone fun pinterest play days at home playdate playground action pregnancy professional development Race for the Cure raleigh ramblings reading Recipes relay for life school program shows singing skating snow soccer social networking sorority spring break spring fun stress summer summer fun summer reading summer to do list teacher life technical difficulties terrible twos Thanksgiving the girls the park theme park thomas and friends three thyroid tragedy trains traveling tricycle trips twitter valentine's day video walk for autism water play we love being outside wedding wordless wednesday work wrapup Yo Gabba Gabba zoo
All information and pictures on this site are property of THE K. KREW. Powered by Blogger.